Deming PLLC represents companies, organizations, and individuals in a range of international legal matters, including complying with various foreign and domestic legal regimes associated with the conduct of international business, and, in particular, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), negotiating and drafting legal instruments, responding to investigations, and participating in international litigation.
With offices in Washington, D.C. and Michigan, Deming PLLC has built a reputation for excellence in handling matters related to the FCPA, implementing and auditing corporate compliance programs, ensuring the adequacy of internal controls, conducting internal investigations and due diligence, providing advice relative to making disclosures to government officials, and representing clients in U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and other investigations.
Deming PLLC's principal, Stuart H. Deming, has written extensively and spoken frequently in the United States and abroad on international legal matters. In addition to advising foreign and domestic companies, he assists law firms, accounting firms and consultants, both within the United States and abroad, with his specialized expertise. An attorney and CPA with an MBA and with extensive experience as a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Mr. Deming has for many years been consistently recognized as an AV Preeminent* rated attorney and named to the Super Lawyers list.
Deming PLLC is structured and positioned to offer effective advice and support for companies, organizations and individuals on a wide range of international legal matters, including:
- Complying with the FCPA and its related internal controls requirements
- Complying with the UK Bribery Act
- Complying with Canada's Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act
- Complying with the Anti-Bribery requirements of the World Bank and the regional development banks
- Developing and implementing corporate compliance programs to address obligations associated with the conduct of international business
- Conducting due diligence and internal investigations
- Responding to investigations
- Negotiating and drafting legal instruments
- Providing representation in international litigation
In addition to the full range of services offered by the international practice associated with its office in Washington, D.C., Deming PLLC offers a range of more localized legal services for individuals and entities located or active in Michigan:
- Designing and implementing corporate compliance programs
- Corporate and commercial litigation
- Conducting internal investigations
- Health care law
- Estate planning and probate litigation
"*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards."